Norwegian Communication Association’s ethical principles
The NCA offers members ethical advice if they face ethical challenges at work. We have also adopted a set of ethical principles for our industry. These were approved 11th of November 2019.
The members of the Norwegian Communication Association shall balance the business goals and society’s demands and expectations by practising the communication profession with transparency and integrity.
A communication practitioner shall:
- Promote transparency and public access, and actively contribute to understanding and well-informed conversation.
- Provide as complete information as possible without compromising confidentiality.
- Communicate honestly and clearly, and be transparent about the sender, roles, methods and connections.
- Demonstrate responsibility with methods and use of tools for analysing user data.
- Strive for equal treatment and make information understandable and accessible.